2/11/21

Sitting and Stitching

 Okay, well we had big ideas about hiking yesterday, but then we got lazy. Also, we were watching the impeachment trial, which was interesting. We're leaving Boulder City tomorrow, and so we made a short grocery shopping excursion and filled our truck with fuel for the journey. Tomorrow we'll be in Laughlin, Nevada. 

As for yesterday, I spent most of the day stitching. My thumb didn't object to this until I tried to let loose of the needle. Then, and only then, did I realize how stiff it was after hours of stitching. Definitely, I was over my limit, but I have no regrets. I'll just be more careful next time. 

So I did quite a bit of work on the redwork piece, finishing up the section I was working on.


When I moved my hoop to the right, there was a little more design than I had hoop for. There's just about an inch on the right-most edge.


I'll fill in the left side of the hoop first, and then move the hoop to capture the rest.


So that one is coming down the home stretch.

This morning's inchy was pretty easy and quick. All backstitch, except for the fly stitch edging. I'll do a few more of these with fly stitch, and then I'll switch to a different stitch for the borders. Stitch TBD.


Of course, none of this could be accomplished without my trusty stitching cat by my side. Sadie was on shift this morning.


Now that we've outfitted ourselves with a new laptop (I'm typing on the old one for now), Mike is happily able to download video from his drone. Yesterday, he downloaded the footage from last month's snow event in Pahrump, so get ready to do a little time traveling. As you watch the video, remember that Death Valley, regularly the hottest spot in the nation, is just on the other side of those mountains. Also, our rig is the third from the right at the bottom of the screen. If you can't see the video, then click right here.


Today we are going to take a short hike. It'll be a quick loop hike. The weather is better today...not so overcast as it was for our last hike. Mainly, we'll be doing a little packing in order to get ready to move along tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll have a little more time to work on the redwork piece.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination. ~ Voltaire

Julierose said...

What a view from your drone--great footage!! Those mountains are lovely...
You are really moving along on the redwork...
safe journey to your next stopping place hugs, Julierose

Lyndsey said...

Loved the drone footage. Interesting to see your site from the air and the surrounding countryside. The redwork is beautiful.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your redwork design is coming right along. It won't be long until you'll have it finished. Enjoyed watching the footage - Mike must enjoy playing with the drone and I must say that I'm impressed with the film quality.

Darlene S said...

I hope you have a good move day and find good neighbors and view at your new spot. Mike did an amazing job on his drone shot. I didn't realize you had snow. Really beautiful to view it from the drone, but does look to me like a great time to stay inside, drink hot chocolate, read, quilt and enjoy cuddling with your adorable kitties and a quilt.

Kate said...

I didn't realize just how many "mobile" folks there were sharing the campground with you. Very pretty snow filled video. Hopefully the thumb loosened up nicely after you were done stitching. Does it ache afterwards, or just feel stiff?

piecefulwendy said...

Your stitching is looking good, as are the cats. Hope you enjoyed your hike!

CA Bobbie said...

I didn't mean to watch the Impeachment activities but got caught up. It was very interesting. But 1 lazy day a week is all I'm willing to devote to it. We're getting what we So CA people describe as "rair" but being from MD I know it's just sprinkles. Love following you around on your trips and the kitties of course, sigh....