2/18/21

Cat Collective

We've had a busy morning already here at the Traveling Three Cats Ranch. Every morning starts the same way, with the "Good Morning" song I learned on my first day of kindergarten.


Good morning to you!
Good morning to you!
We're all in our places
With sunshining faces.
It's such a good way
To start out the day!

Sadie has a beautiful sopurrano voice. Smitty likes the purritone range.


I stitched the day's inchy.


And then we left to go do our grocery shopping. Sadie was taking her morning sunbath when we left.


We were supposed to do our grocery shopping yesterday, but yesterday turned into a "try again" day. We tried picking up a prescription at a nearby Walgreen's. After waiting in an interminable line, we learned it wouldn't be ready until the next day (today). (Try again.)

Then we were ready for some lunch, and so we used the Taco Bell app to get some fast food. We were sitting right in front of the Taco Bell, thus the descent into ruinous fast food. After waiting a couple of minutes, Mike went inside to pick it up. (His truck is too big to go through the drive-up window lanes sometimes.) When he got inside, he learned we'd actually ordered from a Taco Bell down the road. (Try again.) So we drove to the Taco Bell down the road only to find it closed. (What?!?) We'd already paid, and so then we had to figure out how to cancel the order and get a refund on the app. (Try, try again.)  After that, we bagged the whole Taco Bell effort and found something even more unhealthy and fattening, but we were not deterred. 

We wanted to take a look at the RV park we'd seen from the other side of the river. This turned out to be a good bet for a different visit. It's actually a county park, nice, and less expensive than the place we're staying now. So that worked out. Still, by then, we'd completely lost our appetite for grocery shopping and headed back to the trailer for coffee and naps. We decided to try again this morning. Now, shopping complete and truck fueled, we're ready to head out tomorrow for a different location. Vista, California, will be our last stop before we head for home in two weeks.

So it was kind of a wasted day yesterday, but I did some more on my slow-stitching piece. 



Now the upper portion is stitched, and so I moved the hoop a little lower. I want to finish up the "customers" in the shop. It bothers me to have them only half finished. (Wouldn't you hate walking around with one of your arms unstitched?)


Oh yes, and I stitched yesterday's inchy. It's really hard to keep Sadie's little black furs off these pieces. I clean them off for a picture, but then when I see the picture, I see more furs. She sticks like velcro to anything she touches.


So the rest of the day we'll just hang out here, girding up our loins for a long drive tomorrow...almost 300 miles. It isn't so far, but it's farther than we've traveled in a while. I'll probably do some more work on the redwork piece. I'd like to get it finished. My other projects await.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Anonymous said...

I love that little song! What a great way to start the morning....
We are still dealing with wintry weather here in Virginia...lots of rain and ice overnight..UGH!!!
Things have improved slightly during the day, so we are hoping that the worst of it is over... and they (whoever “they” might be) are predicting highs in the fifties arriving over the weekend. I hope “they” are right...all the wintry weather has brought down a gazillion pine cones, so the warmer days would be great for getting those cleared away.
Love how the red work piece is coming along; and the inchies too!
Safe travels as you move to another location!
Sandra B
scb304@juno.com

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I hate those wasted days - try again days. The redwork is really moving along - might be done before you head home. The last inchy is my favorite so far.

Lyndsey said...

I'd never heard that little song before but it is really cute. I can imagine a group of young children singing it. What a frustrating day you had yesterday. I hope the kitties were very solicitous of your feelings and provided ample stress relief. Mmm black kitty fur is a pain. As I type I'm aware Casso has walked across my laptop keyboard while I was away fixing a cup of tea. There's black fur stuck to the screen and the keys!

piecefulwendy said...

Sadie looks pretty chill and relaxed. Some days you can't win for trying, right? Your stitching is looking good.

SJSM said...

I do remember that song. It must have been pervasive in school systems in the 50’s and early 60’s. I still sing it from time to time. Since there was no kindergarten where I lived at the time it was a first grade song. It brings good memories. Hearing you heading for Vista has me thinking you are coming to the end of this journey. Happy Trails to You🎶 I’m sure you remember that song from those black and white TV days.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I hate those 'try again' days - I had one yesterday (only not as bad as yours!). You know the dreaded grocery store run, this one added to by the necessity to stock up for the upcoming month of quarantine I'm facing. Of course the store didn't have all I needed which then meant getting up at dark-thirty this morning to go to another store to fill in the blanks. I'm almost glad to be facing quarantine so I don't have to shop!! Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

That "Good Morning Song" is a true classic! My Dad (who was born in 1914) used to sing it to me when I was a toddler. He learned it when HE was in school.
Jackie B

Kate said...

Some cool scenery this part of the trip. I loved your additions to your magnet and shot class collections. Your little stitcheries are really cute. The kitties continue to live the good life with sun, laps and toys. Hope your drive to California was uneventful.

QuiltGranma said...

I am sure you are very happy to have missed the snowmageddon that hit the PNW recently, as well as other parts of the country, that you seem to have missed as well. Hopefully the snow and its damage will be all cleared up before you get home.