1/30/21

Boulder City, Nevada

It was a mostly driving day yesterday, and we're now set up in Boulder City for the next two weeks. We were just discussing our plans for this place. My x-ray is set up for early Monday morning in Henderson (about 30 minutes away), and so we'll use that time to visit a quilt shop and a hardware store. 

When we drove into town yesterday, I wasn't looking for a sign, and so I almost missed it. When I took it off the camera this morning, I noticed it was built to look like Hoover Dam.


As for the driving, we were under a dark cloud, and it rained off and on. Raindrops on the windows don't make for very good photography, but I did take a few. As we came through the Redrock Canyon area, there was snow on the ground.


The layers of mountains were pretty off in the distance.


Our final destination was only about two hours away. As we drove farther south, we started seeing a few small Joshua trees.


Eventually, we rounded a bend and could see Las Vegas off in the distance. Looks like it's raining there, doesn't it?


From there it was only about 30 minutes to our final destination. When we arrived, Smitty staked out a good napping spot on the shelf of Mike's closet. He likes how the cedar lining keeps moths from his fur.


He was resting up. We didn't know this, but he'd scheduled a photo shoot for another Sexiest Mancat Alive spread in Cosmeowpolitan magazine. A cat's gotta earn a living, you know.


While he was busy with that, I baked a Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie for Two.


That was yummy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

This morning, both cats are snoozed out after a busy night of keeping Mike and me awake.



There wasn't much time for anything else yesterday, and so I'm ready to get back to my slow stitching this morning. The weather seems better at our new location, and we're expecting it to warm up throughout the week. Now that we've relocated, I'll probably get out for a walk and give myself another photography challenge. More about that in tomorrow's post. 

9 comments:

Barbara said...

If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can. ~ Billy Idol

Julierose said...

Those mountains look purple--so pretty...nice photo...
Hugs, julierose

Darlene S said...

Good to know you had a safe move day. I think Smitty found a great spot and doesn't seem to be aware his surroundings have changed. Our weather in So. Cal. turned out to be quite nice today and looks pretty good this week. I hope you also get good weather and time to enjoy your new rv camping spot, as well as all goes well with your xray.

SJSM said...

The sun came out Saturday morning. By afternoon a cold wind came through with a few clouds. Today skies are clear and the sun is bright. The next storm comes tomorrow. It supposedly will bring just a bit of rain. Nothing like last week. The mountain picture definitely has an artsy quilt possibilities. Hope all goes smoothly Monday and you enjoy a good shopping trip at the quilt store.

kc said...

The mountain shot reminds me if our home in the Blue Ridge mtns of VA. Always loved watching the cars go up the hill, lights flickering in the trees. Yeah, kids thought we were nuts too. Sooooo, that's what Las Vegas looks like!thanks for taking me there, as we'll never be able to actually go, thanks to high anxiety levels. Tho, with covid having shut down the strip, it just might be tolerable for me. But what's to see if everyone is gone and things are all closed up? Ack, we'll just wait for your photos! Hope they shop was good and X-rays show good progress

piecefulwendy said...

We've been gone over the weekend, so I'm just catching up with posts. Hope your weather clears so you can enjoy walks and sunshine, and I hope you get a good report from the x-ray.

ckrut said...

For some reason, that picture of Smitty reminded me of Burt Reynolds' "spread" in Playgirl. Am I telling my age a little bit there? Love that you share your talents and adventures with us!

QuiltGranma said...

didn't Joe Namath pose like that too, or did he just sell ladies nylons on HIS legs?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Burt Reynolds has nothing on Smitty! And good to know he won't get any moths (and no doubt smells rather nice too).