1/1/18

Quilt Shop: Three Crafty Ladies; Sanibel, Florida


My friend Gail put me on to this quilt shop on Sanibel Island. What a great find! It's located in a sort of strip mall along the main drag through town.


Walking through the front door, it looks like this:


It isn't a large shop, but what beautiful things they had inside! Along the right wall were some beautiful wall-hangings. Most of them were store-designed patterns.


The patterns were for sale hanging with the quilts, and there were even more on the opposite wall.


Look at these adorable buttons. Squee!


This is a craft shop as well as a quilt shop, and so there were some items around to use as embellishments.


And the fabrics...oh my...they were gorgeous. Being a small shop, the inventory was not vast, but what they had was unique and beautiful.


It would be easy to go crazy in here. I literally loved everything I saw.


They had a large supply of the new digital fabrics.


Their real specialty were the tropical and beach prints. They had shelves of them.



And they had some pretty batiks as well.




Toward the back of the shop, they had some "flat folds" and precuts on sale for 25% off.


They also had a small, but adequate, supply of notions and thread.


I fell in love with these little flip-flop potholders.


The pattern also included a beach ball potholder and a sand dollar mug mat. That came home with me. As I paid for the pattern, the store employee informed me that with a little tinkering, the flip-flops could be slippers as well.


As for my regional print, I picked up a fat quarter of this one:


The fabrics I simply couldn't pass up were these. I picked up a yard of each.


In the next one, the lighter brownish stripes you see are actually metallic gold, and it's very pretty.


This next one was so unusual, I couldn't pass it by. It's one of the digital prints.


And this jelly fish print is also digital. I just liked it.


I noticed these little shell drills sitting at the cash register. A local makes them to sell at the quilt shop. Cool, huh?


This was a great shop, so thank you for putting me onto it, Gail. It's a can't-miss-it shop if you find yourself on Sanibel Island.

6 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

So many gorgeous regional prints in that shop I'm sure it was difficult to just choose one or two. And those stripes and jellyfish, fabulous colors. That little shop is a winner!

Lana said...

What a great shop. Soooo many pretty and fun "ocean" fabrics. Could easily drop a wad of money there. Love that blue heron panel. Me thinks I will be checking out their website lol. Love the pattern and fabrics you chose.

gpc said...

I'm suddenly longing to go back . . . it hasn't changed a bit!

Kate said...

Oooh, you found lots of pretties! Those digital fabrics are gorgeous and so are the stripes.

Brown Family said...

Very vibrant colors! Good choices!

quiltzyx said...

OMG! Stripes AND dots in ONE FABRIC! I love that one especially...but darn, they don't have it available on their site. Love all the wonderful bright colors & fun fabrics & buttons, etc. Thanks for taking us in!