3/27/17

OMG: March Goal Complete

My brother's quilt so took over my life this month, that I had no expectation of finishing up my monthly goal for OMG. Then, it all happened faster than I thought it would. I give credit to the crappy weather, since there isn't much else to do around here. 

When I started the EI-EI-OH section of And on that Farm, I was thinking all of the three poultry pictures were roosters. Actually, the middle section of the triptych is a hen. Sorry, ma'am.


When she was finished and fused down, Sadie wondered if she could help with the third portion.

Looks like you're in need of a feline papurrweight!


Let me just smooth out the wrinkles in these papurrs you have here.


Yes, and this job was made so much easier with help from my furry friend. The second rooster was finished in no time.


Eventually, these will be sashed together, but that will have to wait for when the quilt is sewn together in the end. This is only the second section of eight.


The next time I work on it, I'll be doing this section, entitled "She Had Some Chicks." And kittens too, apparently.


Today I'll be linking up to:


and


The remainder of March will be spent on blocks. Next up is the 6th of ten blocks for It's Raining Cats and Dogs. Here's the picture from the pattern.


If I can get that finished, I'll work on the next row of blocks for the Hobo quilt. It seems like its been ages since I've worked on either one of those.

This morning, I'll be working to finish up the 10th block for Hocuspocusville. There's just the remainder of the tree and a little bit of clothesline to do in the upper left corner. I don't know if I can get it finished this morning, but I'm going to try.


Our dreary gray skies and rain continues through the week. I was hopeful we'd have a nice weekend, but that isn't in the forecast. It's a long time until Saturday though, and things can change.

13 comments:

Denise :) said...

Your roosters and the hen look fabulous! Doesn't everyone need a kitten babysitter for their chicks? I love seeing progress on Hocuspocusville! It's such a fun piece! You do great with the words -- that's my least favorite thing to embroider. I need to remember to take the tiniest of stitches with it. :)

WoolenSails said...

Those blocks are beautiful, as well as all the other work you have accomplished. I need to get my room clean so i can start working on my quilting again.

Debbie

Sharon - IN said...

Oh wow! What beautiful projects you have in progress! Nice to have Sadie's approval too. ;-)

Kate said...

You are really moving along on many of your projects. Sorry the weather is so crappy. But at least you can sew to pass the time till it gets prettier.

Brown Family said...

What would we do with out out furry friends helping us!I have been so distracted this month that I have not accomplished much. Hopefully April will get me going again!

Karen's Korner said...

What a handsome rooster and cute chicks. Well done.

Dana Gaffney said...

Congrats on making your goals and I know it's mostly because of your helper not the weather :)
I forgot about the Raining quilt, I'm happy to see it pop up again.

piecefulwendy said...

The two roosters and hen are really nice! It looks like a fun quilt. We're waiting for sunshine here too; it's been a bit gloomy lately. Apparently it was mid-50's yesterday, though; I never went out of the house and didn't look at the weather until I was heading to bed. Ha!

Lynette said...

Hehe!! The look on the hen's face in the close-up appears as if she heard you and everything. :) Raining Cats and Dogs is a great quilt. I've always liked Bunny Hill designs, as well as Lynette Anderson. I'm not sure what you'd call their style, but I've been wanting to do one for quite a while. I've signed up for the new BOM from Lynette Anderson, so hopefully that'll arrive soon - due any time now!

Patty said...

Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish. (We used to own a calico cat just like yours!)

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

There's no help like Catcat help, is there ?~!

quiltzyx said...

The chickens look wonderful! Glad they went together fast for you. Definitely good that Sadie was there to assist you. I'm getting a little bit of kitty time tonight - checking my friends cats while she's up to see her dad for the night.
I even sewed more on my Jelly Roll Jive blocks last night - have the quarter-of-the-whole-block blocks sewn together. I had the pattern at work, so wasn't sure of the pressing scheme for them, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.
Is there 12 blocks in Hocuspocusville? Not too much to go on it now. :)

KaHolly said...

Pretty awesome work! Is that because you have such a beautiful helper?