3/23/17

Eight Seams Makes a Finish

Yesterday was a fairly productive day on the domestic front and in the sewing room. Some days are just that way. One housekeeping chore was dispensed with fairly quickly, and then I was able to get into the sewing room. I wanted to sew together the sections for the arm and shirt and then move along to the pant legs. That didn't take long.


From there, it didn't take long to get a good start on the legs. Soon the next section was sewn together.


From there, I told myself I'd go finish up some more housework. On my way out the door, I spied the little OshKosh b'Gosh overalls, and decided to remove the label and pin it in place. 


My neck was bothering me from the sewing I'd done already, and so it was tempting to quit for the day. Still, I thought, the cuffs on the pants are only a few pieces, and so I decided to finish those off.


It was late in the day by then, but the shoes were so tempting. I had to finish those too. This is what I love about quilting...the quilt itself propels one forward.


There is still one seam to sew in that bottom section. Now I have just three pieces in the upper background section to sew, and then just the long seams between the sections: a total of eight seams. Looks like this will be finished by day's end.

Today I'm getting my monthly pedicure, and I'll pick up some bird seed on the way home. Other than that, it's nothing but sewing. I'm looking forward to having this all stitched together.

13 comments:

Marei said...

Richard is fantastic!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Some projects can just hold on to us and won't let go. It's coming so nicely!

Debbie said...

It looks great, and going along well. Some quilted/pieced projects take on a life of their own and drag you with them. Little labor required when it involves love.

gpc said...

I have loved seeing this come together -- just so very cool.

claudia said...

That just seemed to go together fast! It's looking great!

Lyndsey said...

That has come together beautifully Barbara. I know what you mean about the quilt itself propelling you forward. Once you reach a certain point it is very difficult to put down as the finish is so close.

Kate said...

It's really coming together beautifully. You'll be done in no time.

piecefulwendy said...

You have really made good progress with this quilt. It is fascinating, and is turning out so well! It is so much fun when quilts engage us so much we don't want to stop!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm surprised you didn't just stay up all night and finish him since he was calling to you so loudly. He looks great!

Calicojoan said...

I absolutely love this one! Great job and that label is icing on the cake!

Auntiepatch said...

Wow! That went together really fast! If you need more jeans labels in the future, I have some you can have.

heartsease54 said...

I just love how this is coming together. What a wonderful tribute to your brother and the picture you picked is just fantastic. Great job all around.

quiltzyx said...

Zooming right along on Snips & Snails!
I have a bunch of pieced triangles pinned & ready to sew together from my guild workshop. Yay me! LOL