7/26/16

Ninth of Nine

This morning I sat and finished stitching the last block for the Gingerbread Square quilt. Since I started the first block back in December of 2014, it's been a long time coming. This one is called "Main Street Shops".


With all the blocks finished, I'm ready to start piecing together the quilt top, but I probably won't get to that until the end of the year. There are lots of quilt tops in line ahead of it.

The new block for the Bee-utiful Quilt-A-Long is out now. This one is called "Bee Grateful".


After I trimmed the block for Gingerbread Square, I made up this one to be stitched. The black "door" to the hive is applique.


Block #13 should be out later today. There are lots of hand-stitching projects in the works right now. When I've finished the current two blocks for the quilt along, I'll get to work on Block 7 of 12 for Hocuspocusville. This is how it looks.



Yesterday I got to work on the next block for the Wheel Estate quilt. This is my project for this year's

RSC16

There was just a little bit of time left before I needed to quit for the day yesterday. So far, I have the background pieces stitched together.


Exciting, eh? Also, I've traced out the fusible and fused it to the backs of my fabrics for the first few pieces. When I get started today, I'll start cutting these out and fusing them down.


And that's where the sewing stands at the Three Cats Ranch.

It's a CSA pick-up day today. In last week's share was a head of cabbage. I used it to make these Shrimp Enchiladas with Roasted Poblano Cream Sauce.



It's a bit of a production to put together. Start early in the day and you've got yourself one tasty meal...or two, if you don't eat it all in one sitting. We had that along with some sliced Brandywine tomatoes I picked up at the Portland farmer's market this past weekend. For those I diced up some of the sweet onions from the CSA share along with some of the fresh basil. Then I drizzled it with a balsamic vinaigrette. I'm kind of luke warm on tomatoes...even the good ones from the farmer's market...but Mike loves them. He usually eats all of his, and then he eats what's left of mine.

Since I also picked up some chanterelle mushrooms at the farmer's market this past weekend, I'm hoping against hope that there is a bunch of chard in this week's share. If there is, I'm going to make this delicious Chanterelle Mushroom Risotto.


It's one of our favorite meals, and since the chanterelles are a wild mushroom, they're sometimes hard to come by...especially at this time of year. And if there isn't any chard? Well...then I plan on visiting the farmer's market in our little town of Newberg tomorrow afternoon. I keep telling myself I'm going to go, and then I'm always too lazy. One way or another, I'll get there tomorrow. Apricots are also on my list of must-haves before it's too late.

So with that I suppose I'd better do something productive.

11 comments:

works4me said...

Congratulations on finishing the final block of Gingerbread Square. You always have so much on the go, it is tiring to read. :)

My farm share last week had a head of cabbage larger than a basketball. The plan is to make cabbage soup for the freezer. I love it when I can grab a hearty soup or stew out of the freezer for my work lunch. You are doing a great job keeping up with your veggies. Me, my freezer is getting full.

Quilting Tangent said...

Wonderful, looking forward to seeing the Gingerbread Square quilt.

tpott said...

I love your stitcheries! What do you use to color in, near your stitches. That little bit of color makes it pop. Halloween is my favorite holiday, Hocuspocusville is right up my ally. ;-> Toni Anne

CathieJ said...

That Gingerbread Square quilt block is so pretty. Enjoy stitching those other blocks too.

Quilting Babcia said...

I've loved seeing the Gingerbread Square blocks come to life. Do you have a tally of all the embroidered quilts you've made?

Dana Gaffney said...

Three of my favorites, Gingerbread, HocusPocus and the campers.

Pam said...

Good greif! Can you cook or what? i try never to read your blog when I am hungry.
I am loving the honey bee blocks. I try to include honeybees and a hive in all my quilts as good luck.

quiltzyx said...

So many great stitcheries going on at your house - WOW! It doesn't seem that long to me since you started the Gingerbread House one. Or the HocusPocusVille one either. Wasn't it just last week?

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun to see all your hand stitching projects... they are fabulous!

Brown Family said...

Lots of hand work to do. I have been trying to get back to sewing and handwork.

Deb said...

Your hand embroidery projects are coming along nicely, Love the finish for the Gingerbread houses, I am nearly done with block 8 for Hocuspocusville. I look forward to seeing the camper project progress.