3/1/15

Two Days of Stitching

Today I'm going to do some cutting, which doesn't make for very interesting blogging. I decided I'd just show you the stitching I've done since yesterday.

I finished the top-stitching and stitched the name of the block for "Chicken Gumbo".


I had to get out the instruction book for my sewing machine to remind me how to program in those letters, and I let the sewing machine do the stitching for the name. That worked out pretty well, and the machine was surprisingly user friendly. These blocks are going to be terrifically fun to make.

Also, I finished the hand embroidery on the block Sherry submitted for Lisa's Retirement Quilt.


If you missed it first time around, this is the original block submitted by Sherry.


Six down, fifty to go.

That's all I have for you. I've spent the entire morning on embroidery. Time to do something less fun.

We're meeting the kids for dinner tonight to celebrate Valerie's birthday that falls on Tuesday. Looking forward to that.

7 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Chicken Gumbo! It gave a good little chuckle!

quiltzyx said...

Fun fun FUN blocks today!!
Happy Birthday to Valerie too! Enjoy your dinner & time together.

Sue said...

The chicken gumbo is just too cute! Love what you are doing with the two girls. It's a really clever technique!

Kate said...

Both blocks turned out beautifully. It's going to be fun to watch all those chicken blocks come together.

Brown Family said...

Even a little progress is better than none! I have not posted about my projects in three months. Hopefully I can get that done this week!

Quilting Babcia said...

Looks like you had a great slow-stitching Sunday. Nice to finish the day with a family get-together too. Have a great week!

Dar said...

Your stitching around all the cute blocks looks great. I just love the memory quilt you are making. That is SO SO special.