5/2/12

52 Photos Project: Let the Sunshine In

52 Photos Project

This is Week 2 of the 52 Photos Project.  This week's prompt is "Let the Sunshine In".  Here's my submission:


We've had precious few days of sunshine in Oregon so far this spring.  Just the same, the sun came out for a few minutes this morning and lit up the morning dew on my sunny yellow tulips.  I'm trying to post fresh photos for the 52 Photos Project rather than relying on images from years gone by.  Just the same, I had a fall back image in case we didn't see any sunshine before it was time to link up.  Wanna see?

This is the sunrise over the Chisos Mountains in Mexico.  The image was taken while standing in Big Bend National Park on the United States side of the border.  One of the things I love about Big Bend (and there are many things I love about Big Bend) is that one can stand in the United States and look into Mexico from almost anywhere in the park.  Both sides are incredibly beautiful.


To see the rest of the gallery, visit the 52 Photos Project.

9 comments:

Harriett said...

The tulips are beautiful!! The texture of the dew in the sunshine is amazing

carol l mckenna said...

Oh Wow ~ awesome photography ~ 2nd one almost looks like a painting ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

michelle gd said...

both of your photos are gorgeous!!!

Laura lok said...

Lovely light on the flower but really like the shades in the other shot

Judee said...

Both photos are fabulous!

Mary said...

Wow that view is amazing!

Dana Gaffney said...

The flowers are beautiful, love the colors, but that second picture is amazing. I wish I had taken it (the best compliment I can think of, right now)

Anonymous said...

I love this sunrise, it looks like a painting. Gorgeous!

Kate said...

Tulips, especially yellow ones, always make me think of sunny days. Great images.