4/7/12

Book Review: It's Quilting Cats and Dogs

How could I resist this book by Lynette Anderson that I saw at the Northwest Quilt Show?


It is jam packed with projects for both cat and dog lovers.  Lynette Anderson makes the cutest embroidery and quilting patterns using her own cat and dog as models.


Here they are, sitting on her "A Kitten's Tale" quilt that I made last year.  This is my version.


Of the quilts I've made, this is one of my favorites.

Her book is filled with lots more cat and dog projects.  There are bags, book covers, needle cases, wall hangings, bed quilts, and more.  Here are two projects I put on my to-do list.  (Will I live long enough to finish all the quilts on my to-do list?  Highly doubtful, but it'll be fun trying.)


These are both small quilts . . . wall hangings.  That's good because it means I can free motion quilt them myself.

Can you see the trailer in the lower left corner of this quilt?  It made me think of traveling in our RV with the kitties.  The embroidery motifs have the cat and the dog, but I think I could easily substitute another kitty for the dog in these blocks.  George and Gracie could be the stars of the quilt!

So now I'm in love with the projects in the book.  I was a little put off at the price at the quilt show at $25.  I went on Amazon and found a used copy in "like new" condition for $9 plus shipping.  

This is a great book.  Love it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what wonderful quilts, glad you found a cheaper book. Books are so expensive.

WoolenSails said...

I really like the projects in this book. I thought I was getting some copies since I did the punching on some of them;) We have it at jo anns and with a coupon, that is they way I get them, but trying to use what I have for now.

Debbie

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love that bag on the front of the book.

Unknown said...

great projects, wow! happy Easter. Alessandra

Sally said...

I've got this book. There are some fabulous projects in it. I've also got the cat quilt on my to do list :)

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love anything with cats. My mother quilted but it's one craft I have never tried.
How was it travelling with cats in an RV?

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Some day I'll learn to do this. They just get cuter and cuter. I love cats. Thank you!